Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My little room mate, Mildred





We were told when we first came to Changzhou that we would each have our own rooms. I was so excited to have this wonderful freedom. Well I got my hopes up too high because about a week after I moved in a rat showed up. I named it Mildred. It had gotten into my garbage but not a big deal, right? I didn't worry to much about it. Eventually each night things got a little worse. Mildred ended up taking a bite out of all my granola bars and ate some other things. This isn't the worse part, though. Me and the girls stayed the night in Nanjing to go to church and Mildred decided to surprise me when I got home. I opened up my sock drawer and he had made a little home, including his own bathroom! We were all screaming! I didn't sleep in my room for the next few nights. I had a serious talk with one of the faculty at the school, named Jo. He got me a trap and some poison. I put the trap out that night and miraculously, and after much prayer, the next morning he was caught. Muah haha. I was so happy! The Lord does answer our prayers, even the most simple ones.

5 comments:

Dawn said...

I'm so glad you caught Mildred. Sounds like it was quite an adventure for you. I'm glad to see that you're doing well. We miss you!!

Cameron, Shannon Voge said...

SICK!!! You are so much braver than I am! I would have moved out! Glad you caught Mildred!

Jake and Madi said...

Katherine that's hilarious! hope you're having fun!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to see you blogging! Looks like you are having a great time in China. You are so funny!

Complex Staff said...

Hey Kath!! Hello from all the Complex staff :) I can't believe you have a pet rat! Hope you don't get some crazy Asian rat disease. You're silly. Have loads of fun!!