Monday, November 3, 2008

Qingying Halloween was full of surprises!

Halloween was such a blast, here in China. We each decided to dress up for the holiday and surprise all the people at Qingying. We did just that. As you can see my makeup and hair was quite a scare. I got some really funny looks while walking around the school. Some guys called me beautiful and sexy (jokingly...). It was so funny! In the morning we were asked to play Halloween games with the grade 3 kids. We did fun crafts (making paper pumpkins and spiders), a cake walk, and played games such as red rover, missionary tag, and heads up seven up. I was in charge of heads up seven up (the picture of all of the kids with their heads down is them playing this game) and had so much fun. I played with the kids and was picked every time. haha. For our regular lessons we played carnival games with our kids, which was a hay day for them. My lesson was fishing for candy and the other girls did fishing in noodles, a cake walk, decorating cookies, and making a mask. We then watched Winnie the Pooh's Halloween. The picture with me cuddling with some of my kids is during the movie. Man, what a fun day! We all had a blast. Lissa, one of the Chinese teachers, begged us to take pictures with her students and like 5 other classes. We were the celebrities of the day, a day we will never forget.






1 comment:

Our Corner said...

What fun. I love your costume. :) Those kids look so cute.