Thursday, November 13, 2008

Hanging with the families

We have had a few opportunities to spend days with certain student's families from our school. The first two pictures are from when I went with Cade, a child from my homeroom class. He is so incredibly cute! The whole time he was holding my hand and pointing to colors and objects, telling me their english name. He was really excited and happy. His family was very nice and sweet. They were so willing to buy anything for us. (Nicole went with me.) We are holding little clay figurines (in the first picture) that the mother bought us. The next picture is Cade with his beautiful mother. The 3rd picture is a huge buddha inside a temple that is located in Changzhou. The temple also had 14 floors of different buddhas and artifacts that were so fun to look at. At the very top of the temple there was a humungous bell. The last picture is of a huge bouquet that a different family gave me. Carly and I went together on this visit. We went to the family's clothing store and they gave us each a beauitful black necklace. We then went to a restaurant with delicious food. Our favorite was dumplings with egg around them and yummy veggies inside. It was pretty fun telling the family in Chinese what we liked to eat. I, of course, told them wo xi huan shu tsai (I don't know if I spelled it right...). This means I like vegetables. We felt so spoiled during this trip. We also told them about our families and they were so surprised we have so many siblings.










3 comments:

Daniel McKnight said...

That's a big Buddah

Cameron, Shannon Voge said...

Looks like you're having so much fun!

Chelsey said...

Hey Kath you sound like your having a lot of fun. Those are some big flowers but gorgeous :) Ben says hi. haha. I'd love to hear from you.