Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My School!

These are some pictures at the school that I teach at. The school's name is Qingying (ching ying). It is a very wealthy school pretty nice inside. We each have our own class rooms, which is so nice. We really are spoiled here. At first there was only 3 huge rooms to work with and we told the faculty that we need 5 rooms. Well low and behold the next time we went to our rooms they had built walls inbetween the huge rooms, making six rooms for us. It was perfect. We have some free time every now and again and so some of us have taken up cross stitching. I am pretty much a pro now. You should see my work. In the school there are posters all over the walls with funny inspirational sayings. Some of the sayings are really funny like "take a deep breath with the world." My favorite is in one of these pictures. Carly is posing underneath the words "love every day!" We are fed pretty well each day. Some of the food here is quite authentic. We see a lot of what looks like piranha, chicken stomach, and hardened pigs blood. Most of the food is pretty good though. They have plenty of vegetables and yummy eggs plus plenty of rice. I will not go hungry here. hehe.

4 comments:

Cameron, Shannon Voge said...

I think I've lost my appetite. How can people eat that stuff?

Our Corner said...

mmm that takes me back to my mission in the Philippines....well except for the blood, it was against the rules to eat that. I miss having rice for every meal some days though.

Daniel McKnight said...

Hardened Pigs Blood, awesome. That's gourmet stuff.

MaddeeShaw said...

Kath! this is maddee hales if you rememeber me from fremont, we had seminary togeth. that is so cool your over there teaching! i'm glad i found your blog! good to see ya :)