Wednesday, October 15, 2008


These are pictures from my first Hong Kong trip. This city is so beautiful. My favorite part was going and doing baptisms for the dead at the Hong Kong Temple. It was the most amazing experience I have ever had in a temple. After struggling with traveling and the beginning of our Chinese experience it was so nice to get away and visit a temple of the Lord. Wow, China kicked off to a great start in Hong Kong. Hong Kong at night was very beautiful too. There was a light show on all of the buildings. Man, I wish that Salt Lake City had a light show! My favorite picture of this bunch is with me and Abby next to the biggest firehydrant in the world! It was so huge.






These pictures are of infront of the temple. I loved these chinese people that were at the temple. They were so excited to see us and so kind. They totally radiated. I loved them. The next picture is with the mission president of the Hong Kong Temple. He was such a nice man! The last picture is with real LDS missionaries in Hong Kong. We were so happy to see them! They were so nice and totally stoked to complete the Lord's work. They were such a ray of sunlight in Hong Kong.



4 comments:

Daniel McKnight said...

That really is a big fire hydrant!

Dawn said...

Katherine!!! I love hearing about your wonderful experiences in China!! It sounds like you're having so much fun. I'm so glad that you had the opportunity to go to the temple. I know how important it was to you when you were here at the college. You inspire me to be better. Thanks for being a dear friend!!

Cameron, Shannon Voge said...

Those are great pics! It looks like you're having a great time there! The temple is so cool looking too! Hallie was looking at your blog and she said, "Ooh! There's Kath! Hi, Kath!"

Our Corner said...

YEA!!! I'm so excited that I found your blog so that I can hear about all your fun adventures in China.